Friday, August 19, 2022

CATHOLIC church

 Matthew 16:18-19

King James Version

18 And I say also unto thee, 

That thou art Peter, 

and upon this rock I will build my church; 

and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee 

the keys of the kingdom of heaven: 

and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth 

shall be bound in heaven: 

and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth 

shall be loosed in heaven.


I was baptized Catholic, and been raised a Catholic.

I've received nearly half of the seven sacraments.

That was all very well, until April 2019.

That's when I aimed to change.

To be a better person.

To stay away from sin.

GOD heard my prayers, and on 6 September 2019, He made me born again.

On the same day, He made me read whatever Bible was on hand.

I didn't realize how hungry I was for TRUTH.

It's been over 35 months now, and I haven't deviated from studying, writing, and sharing the WORD of GOD.

I knew for sometime now that there was something amiss, from my old church.

The pomp, and all that.

The hierarchy of the clergy.

The repetitive prayers.

Until GOD made me born again, I had no idea the missing piece.

When He led me to the Bible, I knew.

At Mass, the priests would deliver the sermon, and share verses.

Being born again, I got to know the verses, through the HOLY SPIRIT.

Why didn't the Catholic priests ask us to read the Bible?

Why did the nuns not ask us to read the Bible?

Why did it all come from their mouth?

And yet, as born again, GOD gave me FREE hand in knowing His Truth.

His SPIRIT led me to the verses, and made things clear.

He led me to the King James Version (KJV), which modern-day people shun.

By the GRACE of GOD, my friend and Bible teacher, Joseph, introduced me to Mike Gendron's sermons.

From which, SPIRIT led me to more sermons:

Mike Gendron's "Christ Alone"

An Urgent Message For Roman Catholics

"Saved By Grace, Not By Good Works"

What Makes JESUS the True MEDIATOR of GOD?


As Mike Gendron's uncle (a Catholic priest) asked:

"How can one billion Catholics be wrong?"


As born again, I stay true to the gospel of JESUS CHRIST.

In JESUS is simplicity.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4

King James Version

3 But I fear, 

lest by any means, 

as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, 

so your minds should be corrupted 

from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, 

whom we have not preached, 

or if ye receive another spirit, 

which ye have not received, 

or another gospel, 

which ye have not accepted, 

ye might well bear with him.


In JESUS is grace and truth.

John 1:17

King James Version

17 For the law was given by Moses, 

but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.


There's only JESUS.

His words remain.

Luke 21:33

King James Version

33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: 

but my words shall not pass away.


I wonder what the apostles, would say now.

I wonder what Mary, the mother of JESUS, would say now.

But one thing I do know, the BIBLE said this:

Romans 1:25

King James Version

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, 

and worshipped and served the creature 

more than the Creator, 

who is blessed for ever. 

Amen.


What is "creature"?

Is man a creature?

That's for another post.


Related material:

Holy orders in the Catholic Church

BORN AGAIN articles